Client : Bouygues (UK)
Value : confidential
The remediation of a former scrap yard, commercial laundry and railway sidings ahead of redevelopment of the site by Waltham Forest.
Scope of Works
- John F Hunt worked with Bouygues (UK) and Campbell Reith from July to October 2013 to deliver this project which primarily comprised the complex sorting of landfill materials, delineation and pre- treatment of hydrocarbon contaminated soils and disposal of hazardous wastes including asbestos and drummed waste.
- The site was located adjacent to London Underground infrastructure and existing residential properties. Therefore, in accordance with best practice, strict environmental controls associated with dust and odour management were implemented throughout the course of the works to minimise impact.
- John F Hunt’s remediation team deployed its Mobile Treatment Licence and operated a materials management plan (in accordance with the CLAIRE CoP) for the deposition of treated soils on the scheme.
- In addition to the usual challenges posed by the remediation of soil contamination, John F Hunt worked closely with Bouygues UK throughout the course of the project to ensure safe access and egress from the site for extensive railway maintenance access, for works being completed on the adjacent London Underground facility.
- Operated under CLAIRE CoP for material re-use
- Deployment of Environment Agency Mobile Treatment Licence
- Hazardous Soils Management & Removal
- Pre-treatment of Waste
- Stringent Monitoring Regime
- The project was successfully completed. John F Hunt was awarded the certificate for the best performing subcontractor for Safety, Health and environment for August 2013 within the Bouygues-UK construction London and south east area.