COMPANY – John F Hunt Ltd
LINE MANAGER – Group Sustainability Manager
The primary responsibilities include:
- Carry out regular environmental inspections to check legal compliance and adherence to the ISO 14001 Management System / PAS 2080
- To assist with environmental initiatives and improvements that reduce carbon footprint produced by business activities in particular through:
- Taking charge of site and office specific carbon monitoring procedures and ensuring that these are embedded throughout the Company. In turn this should stimulate continued review of fuel and power consumption targeting reduction and efficiencies.
- To contribute to and ensure Compliance with the Company’s Environmental Management System (ISO 14001: 2015)
- Maintain SmartWaste and ensure all Sites are competent in inputting accurate data
- Analyse Noise, Dust, Vibration monitoring data and assist the project teams with guidance and advice.
- To assist in BREEAM and Sustainable Demolition during the demolition and post demolition phase of projects. This will involve ensuring the site teams are collating the necessary evidence to satisfy BREEAM assessments.
- Keep abreast of new developments in Environmental practices, policies and regulations.
- Develop Environmental hazard/control initiative to reduce the risk of contaminants and ensure the Health and Wellbeing of the workforce.
- Community engagement and liaison with local groups.
- Client sustainability reporting.
- Client Code of Construction Practice and Environmental Statement Compliance.
- Non-Road Mobile Machinery reporting.
- Waste Compliance and Recycling reporting.
- Track environmental progress against objectives and targets.
- To use the company Intranet (SharePoint 2013) as the primary document management system.
- Ad hoc duties as the job requires.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work autonomously and within strict deadlines to high standards with excellent attention to detail
- Confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Excellent at forging relationships across all levels of the business and with clients
- Proficient with all Microsoft packages (Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook) and strong typing and PC skills generally.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills being able to deal with all levels of employees including Senior Directors in a confident, friendly and professional manner
- Ability to prioritise on a daily basis a variety of matters as and when they arise and deal with them with full confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Good business awareness
- Experience of working in a team and on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Control and co-ordination
- Commercial awareness
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Decision making
- Communication Skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict Management
Applications via CV only to Daniel.Sweeney@johnfhunt.co.uk