A key element to the success of a development is early engagement, therefore by utilising our in-depth knowledge and construction expertise we help our clients plan for success on a broad spectrum of demolition, civils and frame projects.
Our teams are available to provide early advice on all pre-construction activities from commercial management, methodology and programming to design management and stakeholder management.
A full understanding of the project, its practicalities, safe solutions and shared information, lead to a fully collaborative approach and a successful outcome.
With such extensive specialist businesses within the John F Hunt Group, we facilitate a universal approach to early planning, by calling upon their expertise to dovetail programming therefore maximising efficiency.
Our Pre-Construction advice services offer:
- Detailed and comprehensive construction analysis of complex projects at early feasibility stages through to start on site
- Production of Construction (and Demolition) Management Plans, Construction Phase Plans and Environmental management plans for Local Authority Approval to de-risk the project
- Engagement with our multidisciplinary team allowing for the project to commence in the best possible way, with detailed contractor input from an early point
- Providing construction and demolition feasibility appraisals including option costings at an embryonic stage, to inform our clients procurement strategies and budgets
- BIM and 3D modelling for schematics, phasing and presentations
- Video fly throughs
- Comprehensive risk and opportunity reviews
- Detailed advice and associated paperwork to discharge Pre-Commencement Planning Conditions on behalf of our clients
- Full documentation and designs to aid our clients in obtaining party wall awards and oversailing licences to de risk projects early within the project lifecycle
- Specific sequencing and programming of stand-alone or combined packages including demolition, groundworks, civils and frame construction
- Estimating services from early budget advice and market analysis through to in depth cost plans for multiple specialist packages
- Engineered solutions to complex schemes provided by our in-house temporary works department, adding value to projects at the outset
- Quickly securing the required approvals for all types of project through our close working relationship with key 3rd party stakeholders – Local Authorities / TFL / NWR / LUL / Statutory Service Providers
- Assistance in achieving the optimum BREEAM and LEED environmental ratings
- Logistical planning and carbon mapping to minimise vehicle movements and lower pollution
- Undertaking Asbestos Refurbishment & Demolition Surveys (RDS) of a site or structure to locate and identify all asbestos containing materials (ACMs) at an early stage
- As a Contractor, proposing a team who would be responsible in fulfilling our obligations for the Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM), giving clarity to our commitments
- Support from our many specialist businesses within the John F Hunt Group – Concrete Cutting / Asbestos Removal/ Power / Regeneration / Industrial/ Water Tech/ Nuclear Decommissioning/ Heavy Plant and Equipment