Sometimes it is necessary to find the position of hidden metals within a concrete structure without any intrusive or damaging investigative operations, making verification extremely difficult.
John F Hunt’s Ferrous Scanner enable the non-destructive inspection of these structures, identification of objects and rebar, whilst providing concrete cover measurements and pinpoint positioning for drilling.
The PS 250 Ferrous Scanner is a magnetic induction detection device, which gives you visible results as to rebar content on a hand held screen. Our technical operative uses the portable unit to carry out structural analysis quickly and easily in a non destructive manner, whilst determining the coverage over the entire surface of any structure.
Scanned data is automatically recorded over lengths of up to 30 metres, with a maximum of 9 image scans stored. The unit provides accurate depth of cover measurements for reinforcement at depths of up to 100mm, displaying a clear 2D image of the reinforcement on the monitor, for on-the-spot structural analysis and depth of cover assessment.
It is invaluable for:
- rebar verification and analysis.
- checking concrete cover over large areas for structural repair work.
- avoiding costly rebar hits and damage caused by cutting through structurally significant reinforcement when coring and hammer drilling.
- the generation of structural assessment reports including statistics and visual presentation in 2D/3D views of areas of up to 45 x 45m.
The PS 1000 X-Scanner provides a real-time view of the inside of concrete structures and generates true images automatically for direct on-site evaluation of scanned data with the availability for our technical operative to send it to your PC for subsequent evaluation and documentation.
It displays a top view of the scan for easy object mapping, plus cross sections in both directions for easy identification of multiple layers in concrete structures.
The ferrous scanner helps to:
- minimise the risk of hitting concealed objects when drilling anchor holes or through holes, breaking out openings and during diamond coring and sawing work.
- determine accurate rebar extension points in post-installed rebar connections.
- provide inspection of floors, decks, slabs, walls and balconies, etc. in any structures.
- gives quality assessment and checks reinforcement and tensioning cables.
- enables concrete scanning and wall scanning via a wall metal detector system quickly and easily.
The PX10 Transpointer is a through wall, floor or slab locating device, which establishes the position of a point on both sides of the structure, without having to do intrusive drilling. The receiver is brought into alignment with the pre-set position of the transmitter to determine the distance between the two units.
The John F Hunt operator can then transfer reference points from one side of a wall to the other and at the same time, measure its thickness. This makes it easier to determine at which point a drill bit will exit the other side of a wall or floor, and what size drill bit should be used.
In conjunction with a ‘slope adapter’, the Transpointer can establish the exit point from a given reference with the angle, or alternatively, the angle between two given points.
The Transpointer allows for:
- drilling to be carried out quickly, efficiently and in exactly the right place.
- the elimination of overhead drilling.
- transposing positions through floors and wall.
- transferring the starting point for drilling through-holes.
- determining the drill bit exit position and transferring drilling positions.
- accurate wall and ceiling thickness measurement for easy selection of the right drill bit or core length.
Should you wish for further information regarding the Ferrous Scanner, wall scanners, wall metal detectors or concrete scanning please call us on 01375 366748.
If you would like help regarding concrete cutting, core cutting, core drilling, diamond drilling, track sawing or our demolition contractors, please call us on 01375 366748.