Duration: 13 months
Historically, the site was occupied by Ransoms Cranes works, manufacturers of overhead and mobile cranes, which by 1926 had extended across much of the 44 acre site. It included its own foundry/steel works, various sized industrial manufacturing buildings, which included chimneys, storage tanks, travelling cranes and railway sidings evident at different stages of operation. Waste disposal activities, including hazardous wastes had also occurred on site, including its own landfill area, lagoon storage and baling/compaction.
The site was covered by IPC/IPPC permits for potentially harmful emissions and Water Industry Act Referral, hence a series of compliance investigations and audits were undertaken during the period of operation and post closure (circa 2007).
Scope of Works