Duration: 9 months
Existing Structure & Location:
The island site comprised several prominent brick and timber constructed, 4 and 5 storey buildings ranging from the 1920's to the 1970's. Located on the junction of High Holborn and Chancery Lane, the structures required demolition down to the top of the existing basement slab, by using both floor by floor and hand demolition techniques to some of the timber floors in the older buildings.
Scope of Works
Historic and hidden discoveries on this site required the intervention of archaeologists from the Museum of London: